About Me

My photo
BCRPA Weight Trainer * BCRPA Group Fitness Leader * BCRPA Personal Trainer * Cory Holly Institute Principles of Sports Nutrition Education Program * Body Training System Group Power Instructor *Body Training System Group Centergy Instructor * CORE Conditioning Instructor * TKO Fitness Instructor * Boot Camp Leader

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

TIP TUESday: Enjoy your vacation without sabotaging your progress!

As we are all aware by now, I enjoyed a whole week in sunny, beautiful puerta vallarta for a week. All inclusive is the way to go for easy breezy non-stressful vacationing. But how did I manage to reap the benefits of the vacationing offerings without hurting my workout regime and progress I have had thus far with my Body Transformation??

Read on my dear friend…

Everyone needs to learn how to relax in a hammock at least once in their life!



I did NOT hold back on what I wanted to eat. (except the obvious things I couldn’t eat..like red meat and alcohol. Yep, those were the only two restrictions I kept up with. I gave in to deep fried, I gave in to dairy, I gave in to…well, you get the point)

The biggest thing I found that helped me was FRAME OF MIND. You are on vacation? Make sure you ENJOY yourself…relax…be happy…stop stressing about food and just ENJOY it! And that doesn’t mean to stuff yourself to the point of combustion, it means to go ahead and taste the different dishes that you want to try and eat until you are content.
**Proven fact: I had a client who used to complain to me about how much she stresses about food and that no matter what she tried she would gain weight and not be able to lose anything. So I told her to STOP thinking about it. To stop stressing about food, and start to eat what she wanted without worrying about her weight. And also balance this out with doing active things which made her happy. She had a hard time wrapping her head around this but said she would try to do this for a month.
What happened? A month later, she sees me with the biggest smile on her face and said that for once, she is happy AND she had lost weight. She stopped worrying about calories, about what she couldn’t eat, and even noticed that she would choose healthier options on her own as well as absentmindedly ate proper portions.
Amazing isn’t it? Not really… its pretty simple. **


Just a FEW of the yummy dishes I put into my belly...






Commit to at least 2-3 days to the gym. I only spent 3 days at the resort gym. All 3 days I hit the weights in the morning. Then later in the day when I needed a break from the sun, I would go back and do a quick 20 min cardio session.

Spend the rest of the days utilizing the beach, pool and disco!!
Walking along the beach and fighting the massive waves was great for my legs and core/stability strength! (only did that 1 day) Also joined one of their activities on the beach..yoga on the beach! (was only 20 mins of stretching really) Spent another day in the pool playing games with locals (which attributed to washing off my sunscreen and causing me to burn!). And finally, had 2 nights of dancing in the disco (3 hours non-stop!) and 1 night dancing out doors to a live Mexican band (I’d say maybe an hour or so).

I didn’t do this during this particular trip (although, my 2 previous Mexican trips I did) but you can sign up for a day excursion or take a taxi ride into town and WALK. A few hours walking through the streets, eating their street food and talking to locals will do you a lot of good!!

Had to show ya their local gym! Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to go inside.


If you haven’t already read the previous post to this, you will notice that my progress is still steadily going great even with this week long break.

Until next time team, when it comes to deciding on vacationing in the middle of a ‘workout goal’-who says you can’t have your cake and eat it too?!!??

Health respect & happiness,
beki

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your insights and thoughts on what you just read, please let me know what you think!