About Me

My photo
BCRPA Weight Trainer * BCRPA Group Fitness Leader * BCRPA Personal Trainer * Cory Holly Institute Principles of Sports Nutrition Education Program * Body Training System Group Power Instructor *Body Training System Group Centergy Instructor * CORE Conditioning Instructor * TKO Fitness Instructor * Boot Camp Leader

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

why hello, nice to meet you too...

Tue Feb 2 2010

As this would be my first official blog, I’d like to give a quick brief as to who I am and how I have come to where I am today.


For as long as I could remember, all I wanted to do was be around my big brother. He endured years of me pestering him and following him around and mimicking what he did…breaking a lot of his transformers or hot wheels…eventually he found out that it wasn’t cool to have his kid sister hanging around and kept his distance. I was a very stubborn child (still am) and reset the button once I entered highschool. He was heavily into the wrestling and the weight room so, of course, I started to gain interest. It was him that opened my eyes into the world of fitness that I am enveloped in today.


It started with tinkering around with the different weighted machines and free weights and him showing me wrestling moves that left me tapping out within 5 seconds. At 16, I found a local gym that would sign me up and it was love at first sweat! I tried a few group classes but the weight room was where I belonged.

And that is how this love affair with health and fitness sprouted: basketball team, track and field team, weight lifting, wrestling, pilates, tae bo, kickboxing (muay thai, cardio & kikara), yoga, dance (jazz, hip hop & salsa), jujitsu, power classes, step classes (yes, I did cave in to a few), boot camps and finally personal training.

The first time I started training with my PT, I was hooked, and knew that I wanted to be on her side of the sessions to help others feel the way I felt after getting in a good sweat.


It began with my certifications to teach the Group Power and Group Centergy classes at the gym I was currently employed at. It wasn’t until I actually left the gym that I enrolled back into school to get my certification to become a weight trainer, group fitness instructor and finally personal trainer. Going into the school, my frame of mind was to run a personal training business on my own, as I am very particular with the way I train and am with my clients.


The program was intense and quick paced, so it was very easy to weed out the ones who were serious and the ones who thought it would just be cool to be called a trainer. Between working 3 part time jobs, school, an apprenticeship program, maintaining a social life and reading and asking as much as I could about starting up your own business and what it takes, I somehow made it through and B.L.Training was born.


Today would mark my 6th month as the founder and president of B.L.Training!


I intend to provide the public with the best knowledge I can on how to be healthy the right way. That fitness is something EVERYONE can do. That it is NEVER too late to start or too early to get involved. That with careful goal searching and action planning, you CAN reach and even surpass the obstacles that may have inhibited you from getting where you want to be.


To help you train YOUR body for LIFE through my passion for health and fitness.


That is I. That is B.L.Training. I love what I do, and I want you to see what I can do for you.


So, what have you done for your body lately?


Until next time,

Health, respect & happiness,

Beki


No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your insights and thoughts on what you just read, please let me know what you think!